[OS X TeX] Query about package installation (TeX Live Utility)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Oct 3 21:43:25 CEST 2010

On Oct 3, 2010, at 2:13 PM, Rob Hunt wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm sending this in the hope someone can help - I've tried many times myself to no avail!
>
> I wish to add the package "adforn" to my system, but after I have tried doing this with both:
> (1) command line ("sudo tlmgr install adforn"), and
> (2) GUI (TeX Live Utility installation - which may be pretty much the same thing with a frontend!)
>
> I receive an error message of the form:
>
> "LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `U/OrnementsADF/m/n' undefined
> (Font)              using `U/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 4."
>
> I've included the full TeX file I am processing and the full log below. I'm using XeLaTeX for the file for ease of using a system font, but under LaTeX (without the system font) I still get the same error.
>
> Both (1) and (2) install the following files:
>
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/fonts/afm/arkandis/adforn/OrnementsADF.afm
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/fonts/enc/dvips/adforn/OrnementsADF.enc
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/adforn/OrnementsADF.map
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/arkandis/adforn/OrnementsADF.tfm
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/arkandis/adforn/OrnementsADF.pfb
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/arkandis/adforn/OrnementsADF.pfm
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/adforn/uOrnementsADF.fd
> /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/adforn/adforn.sty
>

> I'm hoping I've just missed something, but I can't see what it is - any help would be very much appreciated!
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Rob

> TEX FILE:
>
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{adforn}
>
> \setmainfont{Kunstler Script}
>

> \begin{document}
> \thispagestyle{empty}
>
> \fontsize{70}{80}\selectfont
> \begin{center}
> Save the Date\\
> %\adforn{12}\quad\adforn{12}
> \end{center}
>
> \end{document}

Howdy,

There seems to be a problem with the font or the map file. Disabling and then re-enabling it doesn't seem to fix things.

By the way, I hope you just meant that you want to use the adforn package and ornements not ``install'' them because they are already there in MacTeX(TeX Live)-2010.

Also, take a look at the fourier-orns package too. I know this one works.

%%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
%\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}