[OS X TeX] Who is using biblatex?

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Nov 30 20:54:23 CET 2010

On 1/12/2010, at 8:30 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> Of course, what is difficult, always lies in the eye of the
> beholder, but compiling biber yourself really isn't so difficult.
> You mainly need a proper perl installation (I use the macports
> installation) and then you need to install a bunch of perl modules
> via cpan. Depending on how much you're used to working with the
> terminal and with perl, this is certainly doable.

Yes, I have perl 5.8.8 so no problem there. The build successfully
installed the necessary CPAN dependencies (which is nice) but reports
that it ``Can't locate IPC/Cmd.pm in @INC''. Installing that perl
reports two more dependencies not met. ...

While it is certainly doable, time is the issue for me right now.

Alan

--
Alan T Litchfield
AlphaByte