[OS X TeX] Who is using biblatex?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 30 03:04:09 CET 2010

On Nov 24, 2010, at 3:40 PM, Alan T Litchfield wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Been looking this morning at switching over to biblatex in order to remedy an apparent problem I have with some reference types and apacite. I have made an engine for TeXShop to run bibtex8, that's all good.

Don't know if you did this but since bibtex8 runs lust like bibtex (i.e., same sort of log output) it is possible to create a pdflatex8mk engine and corresponding configuration file. Attached is a folder with two file. Place the pdflatex8mkrc file in the ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/tslatexmk/ folder (~/Library/ is the Library folder in your HOME folder) and place the pdflatex8mkrc file in the ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ folder. Then place the line

% !TEX TS-program = pdflatex8mk

at the top of your source file. From then on simply typeset using Typeset->Typeset (Cmd-T) and everything that needs to be done will get done.

(By the way, for those that are curious, this doesn't work for biber because it's log file is very different that the one for bibtex(8).)