[OS X TeX] theorem names

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sat Nov 13 22:46:39 CET 2010

On Nov 13, 2010, at 4:18 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> This is the same problem. We need instructions
> how to create custom theorem styles.

Did my other suggestion not work?

It's true that the documentation of amsthm isn't very clear.  Here's
an example of making your own theorem style:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{amsthm}

\newtheoremstyle{mytheorem}%
{3pt}% ⟨Space above⟩
{3pt}% ⟨Space below⟩
{\itshape}% ⟨Body font⟩
{\parindent}% ⟨Indent amount⟩
{\bfseries}% ⟨Theorem head font⟩
{.}% ⟨Punctuation after theorem head⟩
{.5em}% ⟨Space after theorem head⟩
{Theorem \thetheorem\quad\normalfont(\thmnote{#3})}% ⟨Theorem head
spec (can be left empty, meaning ‘normal’)⟩
\theoremstyle{mytheorem}
\newtheorem{theorem}{Theorem}

\begin{document}

\section{A section}