[OS X TeX] Accented characters in Xe(La)TeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon May 31 21:44:53 CEST 2010

Am 31.05.2010 um 18:51 schrieb cfrees at imapmail.org:

> I've already re-resolved duplicates in Font Book. (Except for Math
> Mono
> 3 which always claims an unresolved duplicate which Font Book
> nonetheless never seems able to identify - but this is an
> Apple-supplied font, I think, and has always appeared this way.)

It's not Apple supplied, at least it's not part of Mac OS X 10.4. It
could come from Wolfram Research/Mathematica...

> I doubt now that this is a font cache issue... (but that doesn't mean
> I'm not wrong!)

Then it could be an OS/XeTeX issue. XeTeX seems to become Tiger (and
maybe Leopard as well) incompatible since Apple has dropped AAT and
ATSUI in Snow Leopard. Therefore, if you want to use XeTeX more, you
should update. I'll boot next month into my saved Tiger installation
on an external disk and see what XeTeX TL '07-'10 will produce.

--
Greetings

   Pete

When in doubt, use brute force.