[OS X TeX] Accented characters in Xe(La)TeX

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Mon May 31 20:05:25 CEST 2010

On Mon 31st May, 2010 at 12:01, Peter Dyballa seems to have written:

> Am 31.05.2010 um 07:49 schrieb Ross Moore:
>
>> As in the attached image?
>

> With the unchanged \fytest macro I don't get this overstriking effect with
>
> 	{\fontspec{Venturis ADF}\fytest
>
> 	\textbf{\fytest}
>
> 	\textit{\fytest}
>
> 	\textbf{\itshape\fytest}}
>
> and in all font variants at exactly the same place the unavailability sign.

I don't see the overstriking effect either. But I get the same
incorrect characters for Venturis ADF regular (as opposed to bold,
italic etc.) I only *don't* get the incorrect characters if I specify
the otf font file explicitly.

> Î, î, Ï, and ï have at their left side more kerning (ligaturing, melting
> effect), too much IMO, than on the right side.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll pass this on. (I don't have anything to
do with the font design.)

Thanks,
cfr