[OS X TeX] TeXShop Feature Request

Benoit RIVET benoit.rivet at free.fr
Sat May 29 16:30:33 CEST 2010

Le 29 mai 2010 à 16:01, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> On May 29, 2010, at 8:56 AM, Benoit RIVET wrote:

>> Embedding the TexLive Manager, and enabling on the fly install of missing packages à la Miktex  makes sense (this may be achieved via TexShop engines); but why on Earth would anyone want to embed a web browser in TexShop ?
>>
>> Benoît RIVET
>
> Howdy,
>
> Can you publish these engines? What else is needed besides the engines?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but when I wrote "it may be achieved", I meant that I don't have the skills to program such an engine and that I leave it as an exercise to the reader ;-)

However, I can imagine that after a first run of latex, one should be able to decipher the log and know if packages are missing, then dig into the tmlgr database to check whether the required packages are available, install them with tlmgr and re-run latex.

That's easier said than done, but let's hope someone on the list  may be able to implement it...

Benoît RIVET