[OS X TeX] TeXShop Feature Request

Benoit RIVET benoit.rivet at free.fr
Sat May 29 15:56:54 CEST 2010

Le 29 mai 2010 à 15:16, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

> On May 29, 2010, at 5:57 AM, Ramón Figueroa-Centeno wrote:
>

>> Aloha,
>>
>> I would like to see the following implemented in TeXShop.
>>
>> 1. An embedded web browser (nothing fancy only to display one web page at a
>> time), with WebKit this should be easy (right?).
>> 2. If the embedded web browser is included, some basic applescript
>> capabilities for it added to the TeXShop applescript dictionary (load URL,
>> scroll to a given place).
>> 3. A "texshop:" web protocol handler as part of the TeXShop distribution (I
>> already wrote one that could serve at least as a prototype
>> <http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/index.html#TeXShopWebpageHelper>).
>
> What does the people think?
>
> Should I add it to the thread "List of feature requests on this list"

What's the point of embedding a web browser in TexShop ?

Why not embed a mail app, a newsreader, iTunes and QuickTime ? This should be pretty easy (all these apps are standard with Mac OS); but how could this possibly help anyone typesetting books or articles ?

Embedding the TexLive Manager, and enabling on the fly install of missing packages à la Miktex  makes sense (this may be achieved via TexShop engines); but why on Earth would anyone want to embed a web browser in TexShop ?

Benoît RIVET