[OS X TeX] Looking for hebrew LaTeX fonts

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat May 29 15:42:30 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Alain Schremmer
<schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:

>> PS: Note to the original poster: such queries belong to texlive mailing
>> list
>
> Well, if we are going to be that specialized, I thing about 90% of my
> queries will have to be re-directed. But where to? Sigh!

Alain, the problem with this particular query is that the people who
should answer it are not subscribers of this list. If I have not
forwarded it to TL list situation would not be clarified:

With the help of Robin Fairbanks it was found on CTAN

ftp://ftp.ctan.org//pub/tex-archive/language/hebrew/hebtex/unix/new/hebfonts.tar.gz

but they will not be a part of TL as (citation of RB)

none of hebtex has a coherent licence statement, but when i examined it,
the impression i got was mostly "nonfree", and i catalogued it ass such.

nonfree theings don't get into tex live.  in this case, the distribution
is such a shambles that hebtex isn't even in miktex (that often holds
things catalogued as non-free).

General TeX questions are much better answered in texhax mailing list
(or in comp.text.tex newsgroup which is pestered by spammers but also
frequented by very knowledgeable and helpful people, some of them do
not subscribe mailing lists), and TeXLive specific questions are much
better answered in tex-live mailing list.

Victor