[OS X TeX] xelatex fontmap error

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Thu May 27 23:54:00 CEST 2010

On Thu 27th May, 2010 at 21:53, cfrees at imapmail.org seems to have written:

> On Thu 27th May, 2010 at 19:32, Peter Dyballa seems to have written:
>

>> Am 27.05.2010 um 17:11 schrieb Dr. Clea F. Rees:
>>
>>> 8r-raw-uagd8a URWGothicL-Demi 4 < uagd8a.pfb 8r.enc
>>
>> This is a very strange entry: how can 8r be raw? The actual fault is the 4.
>> None of my MAP file fragments has this line.
>>
> Yes - that's exactly what XeLaTeX complains about. And it doesn't look
> anything like any map file entry I've seen.

So I figured out where this is coming from and am currently generating
new map files with updmap-sys. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

I guess there are some map file fragments which are OK for pdftex but
which xetex doesn't like... Several maps designed for use with context
look problematic, though other files apparently intended for use with
context look perfectly normal...

Thanks,
cfr