[OS X TeX] Re: ChkTeX GUI for TeXShop

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Thu May 27 16:14:41 CEST 2010

Aloha,

Ralph Martin found a nasty bug (files with spaces weren't handled, led me to
a much bigger bug, i.e., non-ascii characters weren't handled). I think that
I have fixed them, so I have uploaded version 1.2:
<http://www2.hawaii.edu/~ramonf/TeXShop/index.html#ChkTeXforTeXShop>.

Let me document one of the fixes here (that way when someone Googles the
same problem they might find the solution). Part of the work of "ChkTeX for
TeXShop" is handled by an application that uses the Web Page display
capabilities of Platypus 4.0 <http://www.sveinbjorn.org/platypus>. Now, the
two considerations to make here are:

1. The meta tag must be: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1" />
2. The output should be piped through iconv: | iconv -f UTF-8 -t LATIN1
--unicode-subst="&#%u;"

Both of these fixes are because the web page has to be iso-8859-1 encoded.

Enjoy!

Ramón