[OS X TeX] texshop and preview

David Watson dewatson at me.com
Sat May 22 00:29:03 CEST 2010

On May 21, 2010, at 12:10 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 21 mai 2010 à 05:05, David Watson a écrit :
>
>> On May 20, 2010, at 3:01 PM, Margarida Mello wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am reviving this link (started in October 2009) in the hopes that the situation is different now. Can one set up TeXShop to use Adobe's Acrobat viewer? The reason I'm interested is that the preview is giving me incorrect visualizations in a class of pictures I'm producing. For instance, the code
>>>

>> What purpose will these images serve?
>
> I suppose to show a problem with Apple viewer !
>
>> In other words, what is it that you intend to do with these images?
>> Maybe you just need a new process, and not a new pdf viewer.
>
> ??? if the pdf viewer has a bug, why try a new process ?
> And in this case, the process is simple and clear.

If the OP wants to use Acrobat, that is up to him, and I am not against it, nor am I trying to push Preview on him.
What I can't understand is <<why>> it's so important that it looks perfect in Preview, if he ever intends to print this out.
If he is doing something else with these, say... making pdfs to include into another document, then I still fail to see why it matters that a little bit of the top is clipped.

If you want to be a jerk about it; then be a jerk, I'll stop contributing to OS X TeX, like so many others who found their support unwelcome.