[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Spaces

Adam M. Goldstein z_californianus-dated-1274825316.f25a52 at shiftingbalance.org
Fri May 21 00:08:32 CEST 2010

While we are on this topic, I wanted to report that I have had some good experiences with Hyperspaces (non-free). It gives you a variety of ways to switch spaces and allows you to name the spaces and customize them in other ways. Still, the underlying spaces architecture remains, so while it does make some things easier, there are still annoyances and confusion.

I don't remember having any of these problems on *nix multiple desktop interfaces. Maybe there you had distinct instances of each application?

On May 20, 2010, at 4:58 PM, Alan T Litchfield wrote:

> On 21/05/2010, at 8:12 AM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:
>
>> One oddity that I have come across is that if I am using an application in a space that's not the one that application is assigned to, and I want to open a document in that application, the open dialogue appears in the space the app is assigned to. It took me a long time to figure that out and drove me crazy for a while.
>>

> Two things that annoys me the most:
> 1. When I Cmd-Tab between applications, often the application I go to is on another space but the present space doesn't shift to the new space where the application is open.
> 2. Often when the application is brought to the front it is not the top most open file that is displayed on the screen but one or two down the list.
>
> MS Office and Groupwise are perhaps the worst culprits in these instances.
>
> Alan
> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Adam M. Goldstein PhD, MSLIS
z_californianus at shiftingbalance.org