[OS X TeX] numbering

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Thu May 20 18:48:43 CEST 2010

Thank you Allan, I have never heard of this package.

Here is a related question:

I have my theorems numbered within chapters:

\theoremstyle{plain}
\newtheorem{theorem}{Theorem}[chapter]

but the result is not what I expected. Theorems are numbered 1 - 94 in Chapter I (which is fine), but they are displayed as

Theorem 6.94

where 6 is the section number.

I really would like

Theorem I.94

where I is the chapter number (roman cap).

And

Theorem II.7

in Chapter II.

How do I do this?