[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Spaces

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 20 17:15:28 CEST 2010

On May 20, 2010, at 9:40 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> The colleague of mine complained that when he uses 4 Spaces each
> containing one latex source but pdf-preview sometimes opens in the
> different Space and he need to jump between two spaces while working
> on one project. I can recall by myself the similar experience albeit
> very rarely.
>
> Would be it possible for TeXShop to have a preference "Always open
> preview and log windows in the same Space" - or is it coltrolled only
> by OSX?
>

> Victor

Howdy,

Yet Another Feature f OS X That I Don't Use... Don't know why but I just never felt the need.

I guess I'm interested in knowing if opening TeXShop (or any other app) in more than one space actually produces separate instances or really a single shared instance of the application. What happens in other Spaces if you change a preference in one Space?

I'd guess it is completely under the control of the OS; but I'm just guessing here and other, in the know, will answer better.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)