[OS X TeX] Re: TeX Live (MacTeX) 2010 Developement has Started.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 15 14:52:24 CEST 2010

On May 15, 2010, at 7:28 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>

>> I just noticed that bibtex.universal-darwin was in that list and I don't think it has been updated in a long time. I looked at what is in bibtex.universal-darwin via the `Get Info' command in TeX Live Utility (I assume it looks into the tlmgr database) and it appears that only some doc files are part of that ``package.'' So it isn't clear to me that there really was a binary update.
>>

> It may be true for bibtex.universal-darwin but definitely not true for
> asymptote: TL 2009 is with version 1.88 which became stable 2009-10-02
> which was after prerelease.
>
> Victor
> --

Howdy,

It would definitely be interesting to know if there really was a binary update via tlmgr. I remember seeing several asymptote updates.

$ ls -al /usr/texbin/asy
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  13177648 Oct  3  2009 /usr/texbin/asy

and the tlmgr.log has the latest update to asymptote.universal-darwin as

[Wed Mar 10 07:40:39 2010] update: asymptote.universal-darwin (16044 -> 17389)

finally running

$ asy --version
Asymptote version 1.88 [(C) 2004 Andy Hammerlindl, John C. Bowman, Tom Prince]

so it's the 1.88 version.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)