[OS X TeX] [Slightly OT] Crop marks over a full page image

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sat May 15 05:40:06 CEST 2010

Curious

I am surprised the printer is asking you to do this. For myself I
would not do it. The crop marks are normally set when the plate
signatures are created or when the pages are imposed at the earliest,
not when the layouts are being created. Certainly it is normal to
ensure the trim box is set correctly to ensure that sufficient bleed
exists. Even at the most basic level Acrobat would enable this for the
printer and with far less fuss that it is for you to do it now (one
click in the print dialog and you're done).

If your printer cannot achieve this then I would suggest finding a
printer who actually knows what they are doing.

Alan

--
Alan T Litchfield
AlphaByte