[OS X TeX] Why this .ps file can not be viewed?

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 15 22:37:42 CET 2010

On Mar 15, 2010, at 12:56 PM, Leo wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> A .ps file exported from Emacs somehow can not be viewed in Preview.app.
> If I run pstopdf in Terminal.app to convert it into .pdf file, it can
> not be viewed either.
>
> Any .ps expert can shed some light on this? I have attached a sample .ps
> file.
>
> <scratch.ps>
> Thanks.
> Leo

Using 10.6.2 and gs 8.70, when I double-click on the .ps, it comes up in preview (no error message) as a blank box at the top of the page, and Adobe Distiller produces the same outcome. However, ps2pdf (a small front-end to gs writing to the pdfwrite device) produces both the box and several lines of text, with no error message.

Michael