[OS X TeX] Re: [OT] Smultron - TypesetMetaPost.rb (1/1)

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 16:00:53 CET 2010

In article <92A2D29A-AA0E-478A-A0A8-86AC3A0BF02A at skynet.be>,
 Franck Pastor <franck.pastor at skynet.be>
 wrote:

> Le 14 mars 10 à 15:02, Nicola a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> > I have just discovered that Smultron has been resurrected by a
> > different
> > developer:
> >
> > http://github.com/jfmoy
> >
> > For those who don't know, Smultron is a nice free text editor with
> > support for TeX and MetaPost, code snippets, script execution and
> > fullscreen editing, among the rest.
> >
> > Nicola
>
> Good news! Alas only for Snow Leopard, it seems.

The latest release should run on Leopard as well.

> By the way, is it possible to use your MetaPost scripts from within
> Smultron? For now I use them happily with TeXShop, but unfortunately
> TeXShop lacks syntax colouring for Metapost…

You may use the attached script. Set the ENGINE variable to the path of
an engine and PDFVIEWER to the path to TeXShop (or some other PDF
viewer). Then, in Smultron, go to Tools -> Handle Commands -> New
Command, give it a name, set Interpreter to /usr/bin/ruby and paste the
script into the bottom part of the window. If you want, you may also
assign a shortcut to the command.

Or may use TextWrangler (from my home page you may download a syntax
colouring file and some scripts).

Regards,
Nicola