[OS X TeX] zapf dingbats

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Sun Mar 14 01:17:39 CET 2010

On 13 Mar 2010, at 22:43, David Arnold wrote:

> Pete,
>
>> Does the font appear in Font Book? Usually you install a font by opening it with Font Book. Then a form opens showing some glyphs plus a button to install the font.
>
> Yes, as Zapf Dingbats.

That is (almost certainly) NOT the ITC Zapf Dingbats Std that you just installed, it's the TrueType-format Zapf Dingbats that ships with Mac OS X. Try entering "Dingbats" into Font Book's Search field at the top right; I suspect you'll see that both fonts are present, with different names. You can use the Font Info view (Cmd-I) in Font Book to check which actual file each font comes from.

JK