[OS X TeX] General Font Question -- Solved!

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Sat Mar 13 20:19:26 CET 2010

On Mar 13, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 13.03.2010 um 18:55 schrieb David Derbes:
>
>> Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;
>
> Did you try to use xdv2pdf as output driver as Jonathan suggested? With xdv2pdf it should even work to use PostScript fonts because they're converted on-the-fly to OTF format...

It did. I opened up a Terminal window, made sure the example was in the directory, and typed, as Jonathan instructed,

derbes$ xelatex -output-driver=xdv2pdf provence_example.tex

(followed by "enter")

and it worked.

So, if Manuel is still following this thread, he can do what he wants. I could not see how to invoke xdv2pdf in TeXShop, though.

Thanks to you, Peter, and to Jonathan.

David Derbes
U of Chicago Lab Schools