[OS X TeX] Using eps files

José A. Facenda Aguirre facenda at us.es
Tue Mar 9 10:16:44 CET 2010

Hi,
thanks for the answer.
I have installed MacTeX 2009 in a macbook pro and an imac i5.
I have the problem in the notebook; imac has no problem. The document
contains these lines: (is latex template fron texshop)

\documentclass[11pt]{amsart}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{epstopdf}
\DeclareGraphicsRule{.tif}{png}{.png}{`convert #1 `dirname #1`/`basename #1
.tif .png}
\begin{document}
\includegraphics[]{figure}
\end{document}
I have the file figure.eps
The macbook pro gives the mentioned error but the imac works well. What's
the problem in the notebook?
Any help would be appreciated
José A. Facenda