[OS X TeX] LaTeX on iPad?

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Sat Mar 6 14:53:27 CET 2010

This may well be the wrong place to ask, and if so I apologize in advance.

I'm thinking about an iPad. It's disappointing that this thing won't run native OS X apps (and who knows, maybe down the road a new version will), but is there any thought to porting LaTeX (and TeXShop?) to the iPhone OS (or whatever the iPad runs)?

I think the iPad is mostly going to be a passive device (a terrific browser and reader, not necessarily terrific for creating content except email or other nearly pure text), so perhaps this is a foolish question.

David Derbes
U of Chicago Lab Schools