[OS X TeX] simple question: where are the tex directories on a mac?

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jun 29 18:55:53 CEST 2010

To access any folder type "shift-command-G" in the Finder, then a dialogue window appears where you can enter the path of the folder. The texlive folder containing the (possible) various texlive distributions resides in /usr/local. Thus, entering /usr/local in the dialogue will open this folder which is a very important folder---besides containing texlive.

To simplify future access of the folder drag the icon "local", located at the top of the folder, to the side bar of the window then an alias of that folder will be placed in the side bar; clicking on it will open that folder.

Claus