[OS X TeX] lost local fonts on switch to TexLive 2009

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jun 21 10:22:11 CEST 2010

Am 21.06.2010 um 04:18 schrieb Kyle Johnson:

> I now have that time. Does anyone have hints about where I might
> begin looking?

You need to re-run the two 'sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=<name of the
MAP file fragment>' commands or create a file in the texmf-local tree,
namely /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/web2c/updmap-local.cfg, which
can also set  "updmap options" like using Adobe or urw++ font names or
downloading fonts into the PS or PDF files or not. This file can also
disable particular MAP file fragments (for example for the Vietnamese
font variants or scripts you'll never use):

	LW35 ADOBEkb
	pdftexDownloadBase14 false
	#!SkakNew.map
	#!arabi.map
	#!arevvn.map
	Map MinionPro.map
	Map PS3fonts.map

The "commented" MAP file names are disabled, the others enabled.
Similarly you can control building of FMT files or the set of
supported hyphenations. The settings in these files are first when
tlmgr re-generates the system's corresponding configuration files upon
an update. This regeneration can also be triggered manually. Once you
have created these files then every time you install a new TeX
installation it will learn your local additions automagically and
apply them.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Make it simple, as simple as possible but no simpler.
				– Albert Einstein