[OS X TeX] TexShop Source Printable in Color?

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sat Jun 19 05:31:26 CEST 2010

On Jun 18, 2010, at 1:24 PM, Iraj Kalantari wrote:

> Esteemed Experts,
>
> Can the source file of a TexShop file be printed (on paper or into
> pdf) preserving the existing colors of TeX codes?
>
> I am trying to show a student and a newcomer to TeX how to compare a
> source file with its results.  I had planned to have side by side
> paper printout of an example of the two files with the color codes
> present.  I have found that when printing a source file the colors
> for the text are not preserved.
>
> Is it possible to do what I am hoping for?

Within TeXShop,  I don't think this is possible.  But you can do it
with e.g. TextWrangler (a freeware text editor).  To completely mimic
the TeXShop look you'd have to change the colours to match, but that
can be done by editing the syntax colouring preferences for TeX within
TextWrangler.

Alan

--
Alan Munn