[OS X TeX] asy (darwin)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 17 21:36:08 CEST 2010

On Jun 17, 2010, at 2:21 PM, Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 3:13 PM, roberto avanzi
> <roberto.avanzi at online.de> wrote:
>> On Jun 17, 2010, at 20:47 , Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> That is a pretest version of MacTeX(TeX Live)-2010 so, unless you are willing to put up with some (very minor so far) glitches I'd wait for the final release of MacTeX(TeX Live)-2010. If you are really interested in doing testing you can get more information at <http://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest>. Also, an newer version of the installer was built and is awaiting distribution. It will have asy 1.98.
>>
>> I suppose it can be installed beside the current TeXLive 2009 installation and switched with the TeX distribution preference pane, right?  Hence, I can compile either in the save haven of TL 2009 or experience the bleeding edge of TL 2010...
>>

> Affirmative. New version of MacTeX was released yesterday.
>
> After this night mac-specific massive binary update of TL asy got to
> 1.98 (the latest stable)
>
> Victor

Howdy,

Although the MacTeX(TeX Live)-2010 pretest installer was updated to mactex20100617.zip yesterday I'd give it a day or so before it will be on the pretest repositories.

Because the new version of the installer wasn't available yet I ran TeX Live Utility and this is the first time I remember that updating my pretest actually updated the binaries (although I knew if could before). Unfortunately I needed to rebuild the format files (I doubt this problem exists with the installer) for xetex and luatex. Everything else, including asy 1.98, seems to work fine.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)