[OS X TeX] Problem with \textsc{}

Yan Zhou zhouyan1014 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 13:45:01 CEST 2010

The problem is that OT1/cmr/bx/sc is not defined, this font does not exit. Change the encoding to T1 for cmr or use any other fonts with /bx/sc face will solve the problem.
So the following is enough and the section text has proper bold weight and small caps. No need to use \usefont.
To be sure, you can check the Tesis.log in your test file, line 728

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\begin{document}
\tableofcontents
\chapter{The first}
\section{First section with \textsc{versalitas}}
\end{document}