[tex-live] [OS X TeX] texlive.infra: "local version is newer"

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 00:48:54 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Justin C. Walker <justin at mac.com> wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2010, at 08:15 , Victor Ivrii wrote:

> TLU (Mac OS X) tells me, for example, that 'a2ping.universal-darwin' has
> local version 16044, and remote version 9317.  I have a whole batch of
> similar entries and no others (i.e., all either match or are newer on the
> local system).

There is NO update for TL2009, from now and until the end of the Universe.
With TL2010 coming Total Rebuild (and it has been promised 2 days in
the row), probably tonight.
It was said that some version numbers will decrease and it was the
case last night with a bunch of the binaries but not regular packages.

But according to TL team the Total Rebuild is finally coming tonight.
So, there will be a lot of such messages that the local version is
newer than the remote one but True Believers should not be scared :-)
However True Believers also subscribe to tex-live at tug.org

Victor