[OS X TeX] Re: help with \newcommand

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Tue Jun 8 19:17:32 CEST 2010

Aloha Michael (and all who might read this),

Now, your code is really useful to me. But to really solve my problem I
would like it to convert more than spaces If you show me how to do four
character pairs say " " to "%20", "\" to "%5C" and "%" to "%25" and "ó" to
"\%97", then  I can hard code all the other character pairs that interest me
and place the (very long) command in a .sty file, that defines a newcommand
named \urlencode, which then can be used to do things like \href{\urlencode{
\%ó}}{ \%ó} instead of \href{\%20\%5C\%25\%97}{ \%ó} (using hyperref).

Moreover if the user had a way to add encodings not hard coded in, say
\tr{ñ}{\%96}, then that would be the cats meow.

Thanks,

Ramón