[OS X TeX] TLU broke my symlink

John Rawnsley J.Rawnsley at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 12:36:04 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-07, at 11:13, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 07.06.2010 um 09:37 schrieb Axel E. Retif:
>
>> Notice also the different dates (which I can't explain).
>

> The one is the non-ordinary file, actually a symbolic link, /usr/texbin, the other is some buried directory (to which, maybe by chance, the aforementioned sym-link points).

ls -l /usr/texbin

displays the date and value of the texbin symlink.

ls -l /usr/texbin/

follows the texbin symlink and displays the date and value of the i386 symlink to which texbin points.

The texbin and i386 symlinks were created on different dates.

John
--
 John Rawnsley | <http://go.warwick.ac.uk/jhrawnsley>