[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop 2.34

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at gmx.de
Fri Jun 4 17:41:31 CEST 2010

Am 04.06.10 12:14 schrieb Simon Spiegel:

>> So basically its let me use TrueType fonts form my system also, not
>> only the LaTeX fonts installed ? that is it ?
>
> I'm actually not completely sure about TrueType fonts, but for OpenType
> fonts (which is the most common format today) the answer is yes. That's
> one – the not the only – advantage of Lua(La)TeX.

I just would like to say that most of the fonts that ship with Mac OS X
are indeed TrueType fonts... at least on my machine (10.5.8).

We had XeTeX introduced a few years ago for using the fonts installed on
your system.

Although I really like to use all things TeX, I don't think LuaTeX will
bring that much new to the common user. If it's a decent up-to-date
replacement for pdftex, it will be alright.

Regards,
Jürgen.