[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.34

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 15:37:39 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2010, at 7:40 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Steffen Wolfrum
>> <mactex_ab at st.estfiles.de> wrote:
>>

>>> Lua"LaTeX" ?!
>>> Hopefully Hans isn't subscribed to this list ... ;o)
>>
>> lualatex  has been a legitimate terminal command from at least TL2009
>> and I have run it instead of pdflatex over my monster size book to
>> find a difference: few extra pages even with microtype loaded
>>

> I believe that LuaTeX folks have always claimed that they will NOT guarantee that LuaTeX passes the trip test.
>
> If the internal microtype support in LuaTeX written in Lua I'd guess it's behavior would be a bit different than the version built into pdftex.

Over years LuaTeX folks and PDF folks and very well respected experts
produced a number of contradictory calls which is by no means
surprising. At least few months ago I found that from many packages
that I used only microtype had not worked with lualatex but then
microtype was updated and  began to work with lualatex

Victor