[OS X TeX] Re: Neat trick: Embedding applescript source code in LaTeX

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Fri Jun 4 05:22:38 CEST 2010

Aloha,

No more dangerous than downloading software. Also, it does not run the
script, it places it in the editor, it is up to you to read it and then
decide if it is safe.

Now, that has been a concern of mine when developing "TeXShop Webpage
Helper" and I decided that all it should do is allow a hyperlink to scroll
around in an existing document (that is all it does right now) and later be
able to insert stuff in a new document (in the current selection or a
particular place), paste into a new document or into the clipboard. I would
not never typeset, so it will not be more dangerous than downloading a TeX
file and opening, today.

Ramón