[OS X TeX] Order of numbered files

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 20:50:10 CEST 2010

On Jul 21, 2010, at 1:02 PM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> The Finder doesn't recognize the strings as natural numbers. You
> have to replace the single digits by 01, 02, etc, and similarly by
> 001, 002, ....., 010, ..., if your largest number has three digits.

I used to do that but then realized that the files in a folder would
be ordered numerically with or without leading 0s---whatever it is
that does the ordering. What I find surprising is that if I insert
leading 0s, the files do not change place in the folder but do change
place in the list under Window. What could Steve have been thinking of?

Puzzled regards
--schremmer