[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop now without Reference List Window from BibDesk

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 15 14:38:24 CEST 2010

On Jul 15, 2010, at 4:29 AM, Cleo wrote:

> great job Herb Schulz!
> Thank you for sharing. Actually, in my macbook pro I have to press "fn+f5" to
> get the same behavior of the later "option+esc".

Howdy,

Depends... :-)

By default those keys do things like change screen (and keyboard) brightness, sound level, etc., and you've got to press the fn key to get them to work as function keys. You can switch this behavior, default to the function keys and use fn to get the other behavior, by checking off `System Preferences->Keyboard->Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys' (in OS X 10.6 --- other locations, e.g., Keyboard & Mouse, in earlier OS versions). I use this setting because I rarely want to change those settings and most often want the function keys.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)