[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop now without Reference List Window from BibDesk

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jul 14 18:50:46 CEST 2010

On Jul 14, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Well, it actually looks like Esc does work. I still stand by my recommendations since CC will give you unexpected results if what you have written matches a completion.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

I should have given an example of how using Esc to try to complete a cross-reference can mess up:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\section{My section}

Here is a reference to the figure: \ref{fig}

\begin{figure}
sdasdasd
\caption{my caption}
\label{fig:mycap}
\end{figure}

\end{document}

Now move the cursor after the \ref{fig and try to complete it using Esc. What you will get is Command Completion taking over and creating a bit of a mess (continued presses of Esc will eventually get back to where you started and the a press of F5 will do the proper job.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)