[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop now without Reference List Window from BibDesk

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jul 14 18:41:43 CEST 2010

On Jul 14, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Sr Sur wrote:

> Hi everybody!!
>
> Related with this questions, there is a script that is really helpful. Just
> using option+cmd+c you can call Bibdesk, put the name you wish, and then the
> sript shows to you a list of references containing the name!! easy!!
>
> BibDesk & TeXShop scripts • Douglas
> Stebila<http://www.douglas.stebila.ca/code/bibdesk/>
>
> <http://www.douglas.stebila.ca/code/bibdesk/>Hope it helps!.
>
> Isaac.
>
> On 14 July 2010 17:48, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 14, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Cleo wrote:
>>
>>> I had the same problem after upgrading TexShop to version 2.36.
>>>
>>> The solution is quite simple, follow the link bellow.
>>>

>> http://netsgo.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/solved-texshop-without-list-of-references-from-bibdesk/
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Ummmm... pressing Esc will just trigger Command Completion (CC) by default
>> so that advice is just plain wrong. With TeXShop 2.36 Opt/Ctl-Esc (when Esc
>> is the CC trigger) are alternate shortcuts for the Nex/Previous Mark menu
>> commands used with CC.
>>
>> As I said before... You can use F5 (that has worked all along and is what I
>> have always used).
>>
>> Alternatively, you can switch the Command Completion Trigger from the
>> default Esc to Tab in TeXShop->Preferences->Source->Command Completion
>> Triggered By: and then Tab will be the CC trigger and the additional
>> Next/Previous Mark shortcuts change to Opt/Ctl-Tab so you have Opt-Esc back.
>>
>> Another alternative is to simply turn off the additional shortcuts by
>> issuing the command
>>
>> defaults write TeXShop CommandCompletionAlternateMarkShortcut NO
>>
>> in Terminal while TeXShop is NOT running. Using YES instead of NO turns it
>> back on. This is what I do since I'm used to the Ctl-Cmd-F/G shortcuts for
>> Next/Previous Mark.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

If BibDesk is has the proper bib file open or if it's set to automatically open that bib file (e.g., you keep all your bibligraphy data in a single file) then starting the bibliography short name and pressing F5 will give you a list of all matching names. Of course, the more you input initially the shorter the list will be. Not quite sure what the script does that isn't already there.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)