[OS X TeX] epstopdf glitch

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jul 13 02:14:36 CEST 2010

On Jul 12, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

> Following up, ...
>
> On Jul 12, 2010, at 16:36 , Justin C. Walker wrote:
>
>> Hi, Herb,
>>
>> On Jul 12, 2010, at 16:18 , Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>> On Jul 12, 2010, at 6:04 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:
>> [snip]

>>> Could you provide a minimal but compilable sample file (and eps to include) that shows this behavior. Depending upon what you are doing there might be a problem with restricted shell escape which is one of the things I've been testing.
>>
>> I'm attaching one.
>
> By this, I meant "I'm attaching one *now*".  Viz.,
>
> <foo.tex>

Howdy,

Sigh... No problem compiling here either with or without --shell-escape.

Your graphic declaration for tif->png is wrong for the latest versions of epstopdf but that doesn't make any difference as far as the eps conversion is concerned. It should be

% tif->png
\epstopdfDeclareGraphicsRule{.tiff}{png}{.png}{convert #1 \OutputFile}
\PrependGraphicsExtensions{.tiff}

with the latest epstopdf. Hmmm... try running

kpsewhich epstopdf.sty

and let me know what it returns. Also those log and console files for the failure are important too.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)