[OS X TeX] TeXShop autocompletion behaviour

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sat Jul 10 23:37:12 CEST 2010

Although I've used the environment completion in TeXShop for a while,
I haven't really used the autocompletion much since I found the Esc
key too far away for easy typing.  Now that we can redefine this to
the Tab key (thanks!) I've started to use it.

But there's one thing that puzzles me.  When I hit tab, and the {•}
shows up, I expect to start typing what should replace the •, but it
seems that the first character gets gobbled.  This seems unintuitive
to me.  Is this the expected behaviour?  If so, what strategies to
people use to overcome it?

Alan

--
Alan Munn