[OS X TeX] TLU hang on startup

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat Jul 10 02:59:12 CEST 2010

On Jul 9, 2010, at 5:47 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

> Color me puzzled.  AFAIK, the .pac file is local (in my home directory, in fact).

Huh.  Okay, I've no idea why that fails.  I might try and dig up a proxy test program that I wrote to get this working last year, since I don't have a proxy myself.  I'll contact you offlist if I can find it.

> Does tlmgr download other pac's that I don't know about?

No.  In fact, tlmgr fails unhelpfully if your site requires a proxy, so I have to dig around in the CFNetwork proxy API (ugh) and keychain if it requires a password (double ugh) to set the necessary environment variables.

--
Adam