[OS X TeX] updmap-sys won't do its thing

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jul 3 17:36:15 CEST 2010

Am 03.07.2010 um 15:04 schrieb Kyle Johnson:

> At any rate, there are no entries in this psfonts.map for MinionPro,
> and so this is likely my problem.

So either remove the whole (sub-)directory tree (best by: 'sudo rm -
rf /Users/kbj/.texlive2009' to avoid warnings that some files built by
an accidental 'sudo updmap ...' cannot be removed) or enable the two
MAP file fragments also personally by running updmap instead of 'sudo
updmap-sys' these two times. (IMO "ending is better than mending.")

> But I don't know what to do to generate them. Why didn't updmap-sys
> do this?

The "-sys" variants work on the "systematic" TeX tree, i.e., /usr/
local/texlive/2009. This area belongs to the super-user and therefore
you have to use sudo in order to change something in this area. The
non-sys commands work only in your personal are, i.e., /Users/kbj
(your HOME directory) and here particularly on /Users/
kbj/.texlive2009. When in your personal areas a file with same name as
in the system's area is found, then this personal variant is used.

--
Greetings

   Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found
ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
				– Blaise Pascal