[OS X TeX] updmap-sys won't do its thing

Kyle Johnson kbj at linguist.umass.edu
Thu Jul 1 21:34:03 CEST 2010

I have a penchant for screwing up font installations. My apologies for repeatedly bringing these problems to this list for help.

I am installing TeX onto a new laptop, and installing a couple of fonts. I believe these fonts are in the correct place (usr/local/texlive/texmf-local). I had some trouble getting updmap-sys to see the relevant map files and was working that out when I now find that updmap-sys just doesn't want to do its job. Here is what happens:

Kyle-Johnsons-MacBook-Pro:~ kbj$ sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lsx.map
Password:
updmap: This is updmap, version $Id: updmap 14402 2009-07-23 17:09:15Z karl $
updmap: using transcript file `/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.log'
updmap: initial config file is `/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg'
updmap: configuration (updmap.cfg) unchanged. Map files will not be recreated.

Any help: deeply appreciated.

Kyle