[OS X TeX] More help migrating machines

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 22:03:20 CET 2010

On Jan 30, 2010, at 12:41 PM, John Palmieri wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Alain Schremmer
> <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Given that I don't know how to access  /usr/local/texmf-local/  (I
>> really
>> should carve it in stone somewhere accessible and whose location I
>> can
>> remember and access), to what extent can I use ~/Library/texmf/
>> instead?
>
> If you're comfortable with the Terminal program, use it: type "open
> /usr/local/texmf-local/" and it should open a Finder window showing
> that directory.

@ Palmieri

Being "uncomfortable" with the Terminal is about the blandest way I
can put it. Still, I carved this command in stone for the day I am
truly desperate and this list is out fishing.

@ Pastor

Having lived in the US for well over forty years, the problem was not
my English. Having lived well over seventy years, the problem is with
my memory which leaks like even TeXShop's never did. (I understand
that it does not anymore. Maybe Koch could fix mine too.) And then,
for some reason, presumably because that is where the "Find" is, I
kept looking in the File menu rather than in the Go menu.

Grateful regards to all
--schremmer