[OS X TeX] More help migrating machines

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sat Jan 30 02:39:06 CET 2010

On Jan 29, 2010, at 3:44 PM, Chris Goedde wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Thanks to Herb and Peter.
>
> My first problem seemed to resolve itself after rebooting. Now onto the second problem, re-enabling the lucida fonts. I have everything installed under ~/Library/... and I only care about enabling them for myself, so I ran
>
> updmap --enable Map=lucidabr.map
> updmap --enable Map=lumath.map
>
> which I thought was the right thing to do. But pdftex doesn't find the fonts, it still tries to run mktexpk. So what step am I missing, or what did I do wrong?
>
> Chris
> -

Chris,

You should get important clues about the font file names expected to be used (and actually used) from the log file. Send it along if you have trouble deciphering it. The map files you installed use the original Lucida file names, like lbr.pfb, not the Berry names, like hlhr8a.pfb. Did you check that those are the names used in your ~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/...?

Michael