[OS X TeX] PDF-window in TeXShop: buttons lost

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jan 7 18:22:19 CET 2010

On Jan 7, 2010, at 11:13 AM, Daniel Becker wrote:

> Am 24.11.2009 um 21:21 schrieb Peter Pagin:
>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> in the most recent TeXShop (2.28, came with MacTeX 2009), the PDF-window from time to time (but often, happens several times a day) looses all its buttons. I put a screenshot at
>>> http://www.wiwi.uni-rostock.de/~wsf8545/images-static/tsbuttons.png
>>> Quitting and then reopening of TS seems to help usually.
>>>
>>> Is this only happening to me? Any ideas?
>>

>> Happens to me as well. No ideas.
>>
>> Peter
>
> Hallo - could those that see the problem from
> http://www.wiwi.uni-rostock.de/~wsf8545/images-static/tsbuttons.png , too, try if it happens to them with a configuration of the PDF-Viewer-Window in TeXShop like the one in the screenshot that is attached?
>
> The problem doesn't seem to happen to me if I use the default configuration. Also very few buttons are a way to avoid the disappearance of the buttons. But if I remove the printer symbol and add the one for typesetting, the problem comes back, sooner or later.
>
> Thanks for testing and reporting back -
>
> Daniel

Howdy,

I've seen several reports of this problem and I'm guessing it has to do, some how, with the localization you are using.

I wonder of it helps to disable and then enable the tool bar by clicking on the ``lozenge'' shaped button on the top right of the the window. Hmmm... maybe I asked this before :-(.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)