[OS X TeX] PDF-window in TeXShop: buttons lost

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Thu Jan 7 18:13:14 CET 2010

Am 24.11.2009 um 21:21 schrieb Peter Pagin:

>> Dear all,
>>
>> in the most recent TeXShop (2.28, came with MacTeX 2009), the PDF-window from time to time (but often, happens several times a day) looses all its buttons. I put a screenshot at
>> http://www.wiwi.uni-rostock.de/~wsf8545/images-static/tsbuttons.png
>> Quitting and then reopening of TS seems to help usually.
>>
>> Is this only happening to me? Any ideas?
>

> Happens to me as well. No ideas.
>
> Peter

Hallo - could those that see the problem from
http://www.wiwi.uni-rostock.de/~wsf8545/images-static/tsbuttons.png , too, try if it happens to them with a configuration of the PDF-Viewer-Window in TeXShop like the one in the screenshot that is attached?

The problem doesn't seem to happen to me if I use the default configuration. Also very few buttons are a way to avoid the disappearance of the buttons. But if I remove the printer symbol and add the one for typesetting, the problem comes back, sooner or later.

Thanks for testing and reporting back -

Daniel