[OS X TeX] Re: removal of unneeded languages

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 6 11:51:55 CET 2010

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:37:50 +0000, Patrick Wambacq
<Patrick.Wambacq at esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:

> If I want to install TL09 using install-tl:
> - do I need to download install-tl-unx.tar.gz and install live over the
>   internet?

Probably

> - or can I reuse the already downloaded MacTeX distribution?

No.

> - what about the extras such as TeXShop etc? I assume that these cannot
>   be installed with install-tl? Do I need to download
>   mactex-additions.mpkg.zip
>   or can the MacTeX distribution reused?

I'm not sure that the TeX portion can be disabled. It'll require a custom
install.

Be aware that MacTeX changes a few other things as well, such as teh
location of your personal texmf tree. Personally I wouldn't bother, unless
you are on a small SSD drive.

Maarten