[OS X TeX] Re: removal of unneeded languages

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jan 6 12:05:37 CET 2010

Download the TL2009 iso image, mount the iso image and in the Terminal cd to the iso image. Then issue the command

sudo ./install-tl

and follow the few instructions.

After the installation use Local Switcher to set the symlink ~/texprograms and ~/texmanpages.

I also have a .profile file in my home directory which looks like

#  .profile for sh(1)

PATH="$HOME/texprograms"
export PATH

PATH="$PATH:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:$HOME/Library/Flashmode/bin"
export PATH

Then install maxtex-additions. Before the installation I usually disable the postflight scripts, or at least the parts of the scripts that want to mess around with my System Preferences.

You can download TS and BibDesk separately, though I believe you already have the latest versions or at least versions that can be easily updated.

Claus