[OS X TeX] removal of unneeded languages

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Tue Jan 5 21:51:23 CET 2010

On 01/05/10 12:25, "Patrick.Wambacq at esat.kuleuven.be"
<Patrick.Wambacq at esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:

> I installed TeXlive 2009 last week but could not find a way to install
> language support for just the languages that I need. I know that it
> can be done using the command install-tl, but this is only available
> until after the MacTeX installer has run.

You would have to install TeX Live using install-tl, and bypass MacTeX.  The
only drawback is that install-tl won't set up /usr/texbin and associated
symlinks for the TeX distribution preference pane.

[...]

> The TeXLive utility itself also does not allow to remove
> collections that I don't need because they are required by scheme-full
> (for instance: tlmgr: not removing collection-documentation-arabic,
> needed by scheme-full).

You can force removal in TLU by holding down the option key and choosing
Actions->Forcibly Remove Selected Packages (or use the --force option with
command line tlmgr).